Friday, June 17, 2011

Flannel is Felt


Now, we are discussing what exactly is the material we are talking about in my blog here. The problem is, there is a difference in name of this fabric we are talking about in Indonesia and western countries. In Indonesia, flannel that we call flannel, is actually called felt fabric by the westerns. This is maybe a misconception in first place or whatever, I don't know. I can't find the information about this difference in the internet.

I have been confused as well about these terms and what should I name my blog after I know the truth (that flannel I know is not flannel after all)? But finally I decided to use "Flannel" as my blog's name and url, because I made this blog more for Indonesians, so to avoid confusion and avoid my blog being not detected and not popped up in google results because Indonesians almost certainly google "flannel" than "felt", I chose Flannel.

This is felt, or flannel in Indonesia

This is flannel

No comments:

Post a Comment